Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Sydney Diaries - Prologue

I posted a status on Facebook some days back. It was about the last few months that I am having. Months which have introduced me to lot of 'New' things including people, relations, places and more importantly attitude towards life.
It began with one of closest my friend Himanshi's wedding in May. Felt like... Whoa! All equations, priorities, attitudes change like some unexpected magic. What a life changing situation it is! Of course she is not first of my dearest friends who got married. But yep... She is the only girl-friend among them. When my guy-friends got married I didn't feel the change. May be because we are guys. But her marriage was different experience not only because it had blend of north Indian & Pahadi culture of Himachal but the feeling I had. It was never felt before kinda thing. I felt like we have grown old... holy shit!
Then came the most irritating thing. Waiting for things to fall in place... professionally. Time is running like Usain Bolt. And things are moving like upward shift of Himalayan range. And then I remembered two things. When I told my friend Bhavin that I am planning to start my own business, he instantly replied 'You better have loads of patience.' And second thing was what Pu La Deshpande said. He wrote in his play Varyavarchi Varaat, 'Living this life would have been very unexciting and dull if things would have happened as and when they should'. This phase is still on. Just that it is no more new to me.
Then came first Europe tour with family and most importantly first group tour of our life. Frankly it was a tick mark thing. I have always believed that the tours of Kesari, SOTC, Kuoni, Star tours etc are like unlimited thaali. Too many things on a plate which give no pleasure enjoying none of it completely. But during the same trip I got confirmation that I got a travel grant for attending conference in Sydney, Australia. Bang on! Backpacking for work... what a killer combo! Muaaah...
Of course visit to Sydney is definitely part of those 'New' things that I have been experiencing. But latest is this. It's not even been 48 hrs since I started from Delhi. And now here I'm writing this blog from my conference place nr Sydney. Don't know how could I word all these wandering thoughts. Why didn't it happen anytime before? Why now?
.
.
.
.
May be because I am out of my comfort zone and with only myself in the different corner of the world? May be because I had a long flight with no one to talk to but myself. Giving me time to interact with myself.

1 comment:

  1. Nice one Ashay! Travel. Observe. Wonder. Think. Share. Do some good for not so privileged. Appreciate. Enjoy !

    ~shailesh mama

    ReplyDelete